Sunday, March 3, 2013

C4K Comments

   In my 1st C4K, I had a K-5 student who was very bright for his age! His post was short but he was writing about how much fun he has in the snow. He was really excited about the new snow that had fell and that he was going to be able to snow tube.
   My comment to him was about how lucky he was to get snow every year and that I was happy to hear his love for it because most people up north believe it to be a burden. I told him about how I had only seen snow twice my whole life and that we hardly ever get any in the South. I asked him what was his favorite thig to do in the snow and to teach me just in case we had a mysterious blizzard one day.

   In my 2nd C4K, I had a 2nd grade student who was from a northern state and he loved Hockey! His whole post was about his love for hockey and how much he loved to watch his hometown pro hockey team play which was Pittsburgh. He hoped to one day be a pro hockey player.
   My comment to him was introducing myself of course, and then I told him that I didn't know too much about his beloved sport but I was also a huge sports fanatic. I told him that I played college baseball here at the school, and asked about the sports he played besides hockey. I also asked him if he could help teach me some of the rules of hockey.

   In my 3rd C4K, I had a young boy who was writing about his trips to the beach over a holiday weekend. He said that he had fun in the water with his dad and that they captured their own mussels and cockles to cook and eat for themselves. 
   My comment to him was basically telling him that I also loved the beach and hanging out with my family and friends while I was there. I told jim about how hot our summers were in the South because he was from a northern state. I told him about how hot our sand gets and sometimes it's ver hard to walk on. I asked him exactly what were cockles because I have never heard of them. I told him that here on the coast our seafood mainly consists of shrimp, crab, and oysters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment