Sunday, June 30, 2013

Blog Post 15 Final Reflection

As I relect back over this class the last several weeks it amazes me how much I have learned. Both about this class as well as the things that I need to change moving forward in my teaching and coaching career. I know that my organizationl skills and time management plan that I used in the past is not going to get the job done. In the future I will take better advantage of my time and have a detailed plan to get me where I need to be.

As for my students in the future, I will use a lot that I have taken from ED 310. I will use technolgy to make my classes fun and exciting. I want to give my students the tools that they need to be successful, but I also want them to be able to think and do for themselves.

I will be teaching PE and coaching baseball in the future. One thing I have learned from playing baseball is that, while a player may have great athletic skills, they are not always a great baseball player. One reason for that is they don't know the game from a learning standpoint. I plan to use things that I have learned from this class to teach the game to the players. I plan to use blogs, youtube, etc. to get my players to understand situations of the game and what the best course of action is to be successful. I will use this in group settings and have some class time set aside as part of practice. I like the group learning because I have always been a team sport kind of guy. I think it teaches a very good lesson to a baseball player in that, it teaches him to trust in his teammate and understand that they have to work together to be successful.


No comments:

Post a Comment