Monday, February 25, 2013

C4T Post #1



   In my first C4T, I encountered a teacher who was very passionate about a particular somebody that was a historical figure but, was undoubtedly never recognized like he should have been. She wrote passionately about a guy named Aaron Swartz, who was a brilliant software programmer and an internet activist. Swartz, proclaimed and protested bravely about online web issues and believed that the government could do a much better job of providing the efficient technology for our younger and older students so they would be prepared for life after school. He was convicted of several charges by a grand jury which included wire fraud, that had a maximum sentence of up to 35 years. Shortly after the allegations, Swartz was found dead by suicide. The blog I read didn't elaborate much on who he was but gave great detail about what he could have been. Also, she believed he died much too young. She believes he was an unsung hero.
   In my response, I was aware of the emotion that was put into the post and told her I was unaware of who this man was. It made me curious as to what this man did and why she was so passionate about his premature ending life. I went and researched this man and now I understand what his beliefs were and came to an agreement with him and the blog poster about the majority of the blog post.



   In my second C4T, I came across Jen Deyenberg's-Journey Through Teaching with Technology blog which is titled Trails Optional. Her post was titled "Blogging Using Blogger." In this post, she was trying to encourage her fellow teachers to get on board using either or a seperate blogging website in order to get their students interacted with the cyber world. She had a great presentation that clearly illustrated growth from blogging students from the beginning of the year to the end of the school year. Also in the presentation, the last few slides clearly directed the instructions to creating your own personal blog using blogger. She basically showed the teachers what the benefit was and then showed them how to create a blog, very good marketing on her part!
   In my response, I proclsimed to her that I also understood the positives of using a blog and online sources to learn new things. I told her about EDM310 and how helpful it was. I encouraged her presentation and let her know that she had done a great job of marketing her idea. I agreed fully with her that this was going to be a major part of our present students future, no matter the age or grade level.

No comments:

Post a Comment