Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Blog Post #8


Dr. Miller:

   Watching Richard Miller-This is How We Dream 1 & 2 makes you realize that change should be forthcoming. Change as in, changing with technology. Some things he said will catch you off guard and seem off topic.

  As educators we must adapt to the new day and age with technology. If we don't adapt we are failing to provide our students with the full education they need for the real world and it's jobs. Our future students deserve the best and that's what we should give them.

  Multimedia is a thing of the new age and no it doesn't scare me. It actually encourages me that I as a future educator have the opportunity to engage my students into this a quite an early age. I look at it as being ahead of everyone else in my selected field.

Carly's Blog Post #12:

  Carly is by far one of the biggest overachievers I have ever read about or heard about!! That's not a bad thing at all! She is so excited about being an educator that by the end of the blog post she has you very excited. Her links and videos were very helpful and I like that she expresses that "good teachers lead by example", I also believe that!

Chipper:

  I really related to this video mainly because of procrastination. I feel the same way Chipper does sometimes. College is hard if you make it that way. If you stay up on your work and do the things you are supposed to it makes it easier. This class and Dr. Strange have really showed me that there is no room for procrastination in some areas. The classes that you can't procrastinate in are usually your better classes!

EDM310 For Dummies:

  The overkill in this video was amazing. This class is very time consuming and you have to stay up on your work. As long as you stay on schedule and do not procrastinate you should be successful! Iloved the video and think that it should be shown at the beginning of the semester.

Learn to Change, Change to Learn:

  In this video, students are exposed to technology all the time. Some teachers are so dead set in not letting technology into the classroom. I think one reason is because the teacher is not properly advanced in technology. If they let it in, it would give them an edge up on a large groip of students and have them ready for the outside world as it is today.


No comments:

Post a Comment