Sunday, August 18, 2013

C4T #2

Summary #1

Mrs. Hamada is talking about a new academic year at a new school, she is determined to not pass judgement on the school or the students until she has had time to understand each fully. She is planning to start small and learn the students names and their abilities first. She plans to be open minded and make no assumptions, she plans to stay positive for every lesson, she plans to use technology for learning and not just for fun. She plans to use Google, Coaches Eye/Analysis/Sharing/Dropbox. She also plans to pick the brain of other teachers and broaden her learning.

Comment

I am a student at the University of South Alabama in a course called EDM310. I am planning to be a teacher and baseball coach upon graduating. This story really inspires me to keep an open mind and not judge students, facilities or other teachers until I have had a chance to get to know them and the things that need to be able to learn. It also inspires me to use technology to spice up my class and the students imagination. I really believe that technology keeps the students interested and in learning mode. Thank you for this article, it was very interesting, Logan Kirkland.

Summary #2

The blogger talks about emails taking over all of your time. She mentions that she was spending a lot of time answering emails and going thru emails that did not really relate to her, but it took time to determine if she needed to answer or not. She actually gave a couple of email checklists that can be very helpful in determining if you should answer or send the email. She suggest that you print this out and hang it up at your desk. I can see that this would be very helpful in my future.

Comment

I found this blog to be helpful to me. I plan to print out the email checklist and put them in a place to be able to refer to when needed. My ultimate goal as a teacher and coach is to give my students as much of my time as possible. This will help me to do that. Thanks, Logan Kirkland.

No comments:

Post a Comment