Sunday, August 18, 2013

C4T #4

Summary

Dylan Blain writes about Research Informed Practice in PE. What I take from this article is that Dylan forst of all is a very good teacher. He takes the time to stay up to date with the latest ways to teach and instruct his students the correct way by using the latest research out there. He gives us some very good research sites to look at and learn from like "Physical Education Matters". Basically what I take from this is, there are always better ways to do things, we have so much technology at our finger tips these days that it would be a shame to think your way is the best way and not research better ways to teach. As teachers we can never stop learning, we owe that to our students.

Comment

My name is Logan Kirkland and I attend the University of South Alabama where I am studying to be a PE Teacher and baseball coach. This article has really made me think of ways that I can continue learning after I start working. We owe it to our students to offer them the most up to date and safe ways to exercise and learn. I congratulate you on going the extra mile for your students. logan Kirkland.

Summary

In this article Dylan writes about a trial that he is doing entitled "Sportplan". This really peeked my interest because I plan to coach baseball after graduating. Sportplan is a coaching platform that allows you to use your Ipad to create coaching and teaching sessions for your players or students. It allows you to layout a complete session with a great deal of detail and it looks very professional. I will definately use this or a form of this in my coaching career.

Comment

My name is Logan Kirkland and I attend the University of South Alabama where I am studying to be a PE Teacher and baseball coach. This article really peeked my interest and I plan to use this when I start coaching. I believe this is essential today for our players and will be very well received. Thanks for the article, Logan Kirkland.

No comments:

Post a Comment